Can you put a propane fire pit on a wood deck is often asked here at Delta. Our goal is to ensure you are set up for success for when you do invest in one. Fire pits are a huge investment depending upon the type you are interested in. Some are cheaper and others are more expensive.
So, can you use a propane fire pit on a wood deck? Yes and we will be discussing why below. The sole purpose of all of us having a wood deck is to make it a gathering spot for those cozy evenings with family and friends. After having done the deck beautifully, the next major task is to accessorize it perfectly to lend it a feeling of warmth. And the first, or you can say the only, thing to add that warmth, quite literally too, is a beautiful fire pit.
Fire pits are everyone’s preferred deck accessory to add aesthetics to it. But not every fire pit is worth enhancing your ambiance. The ones with flying embers are certainly not. For the sake of their favorite wood deck, many have been ditching the traditional fire pits which use wood as fuel. Also, many counties these days, prohibit by law the installation of open flames on a wood patio. And seeing the wave, companies have provided a viable solution to it by inventing a Propane Gas Pit.
Can Fire Pits Be Used On Wood Decks?
Yes, but you also have to be cautious. A quality fire pit mat will ensure your patio or wood deck is not damaged. Fire pits, generally, can create up to 1400 degrees F. So, you have to be very smart when operating your fire pit.
A propane fire pit is god-sent when everyone was searching for a smokeless and ember-proof alternative to traditional fire bowls. A bonus is the promptness and ease with which they get started as against the ones using wood as fuel. If you are also tempted to look at few beautiful fire pieces run on gas, go through them carefree as they are fire-safe.
This super trendy fire pit from Endless Summer is high on both the functionality and design. This will bring a high-end furniture feel to your wood deck without compromising on quality. The steel mantel is edgy yet durable to withstand any weather.
- Dimensions are 30 x 30 x 24.4 inches
- Weighs 50.7 pounds
- Generates heat of 30,000 BTU
- Electronic ignition
- Control panel is hidden to give a clean look
- Dial to control the height of the flame
- Hidden propane tank shelf
- Colored fire glass to enhance the beauty of flame
- Stainless steel burner
- Lava rock bed
- Protective cover to keep it safe when not in use
- 1-year limited warranty
This fire pit has been designed in a way so not to damage the surface beneath it, especially the more sensitive ones like a wood deck. It is definitely for you if you love home accessories with contemporary look and high functionalities without compromising on safety as this one has passed a lot of these tests.
Can Fire Pits Be Used On Wood Decks?
Yes, but don’t plan on operating one without a high-quality fire pit mat. These investments are absolutely essential. Why? Well, as we briefly mentioned above, fire pits create a great deal heat. What you can do is invest in a fire pit with legs. There are numerous models in the marketplace that would be a great fit for you.
The reason why fire pits with legs is a great option is they take the fire pit off your surface. Again, you want to keep the heat away from your wooden deck or patio. Heat can even damage concrete. That being said, concrete is always going to be the best surface to operate a fire pit on. So, can you use a propane fire pit on a wood deck? The answer is yes but keep what we are discussing in mind at all times. The last thing you need is a damaged patio or wooden deck or worse.
This propane gas fire pit is a perfect centerpiece for your patio and adds up as your companion on your beach holidays or campfires due to its portability. It is a big blast in small packet as it has all the power-packed features.
- Dimensions of the bowl are L 21” x W 21” x H 9.5”
- Weighs 23-25 pounds (depending on model choice) which makes it easy to carry along all your trips
- 19 inches diameter of the fire bowl
- Stainless steel body lends durability
- Generates 58,000 BTU per hour which is good enough to keep you warm
- CSA-certified adjustable regulator
- Chrome valve knob
- 10-foot long pre-attached hose
- Fire bowl cover to protect it from dust when not in use
- 4.4 lb of natural lava rock set to lend flickering effect to the flame
This fire bowl from Outland Living is a favorite of many due to the functionalities it offers in such a compact size without harming your wood deck beneath. All the fire pits from the company are tested for their safety first and the ones which pass all those tests enter the market. So, it’ll be your perfect companion on deck without harming it. And when you don’t need it on the deck, stowing it inside your storeroom will take just a minute.
This is another smoke-free, ash-free and mess-free option if you are looking for a propane gas fire pit to add to your favorite wood deck. Enjoy your evenings with your friends and family without having to worry about those flying sparks burning your deck while you are partying hard.
- The diameter of the ring of the fire bowl is 29 inches and that of the base ring is 26.24 inches
- Height of the fire pit is 12.2 inches
- Weighs 49 pounds
- Generates 65,000 BTU of heat
- Single push button to ignite the propane gas
- Adjustable regulator to control the height of flame
- 10-foot long propane hose
- 12 pound of lava rock to add the fire effect
- With 6 ½ inches elevated tray from the ground level, it keeps your deck from heating up
- Storage cover for times when it is not in use
This metal fire pit from Camco is a perfect addition to your wood deck if you are looking for an easy alternative to traditional fire pits. The copper fire ring and the black colored body adds just a subtle beauty to the wooden patio without going over the board. The hassle-free set-up is all you need to get your evening started.
This beautiful fire pit burns clean while keeping your deck safe too. Its compact size leaves you with enough space on your deck for the gathering. And you don’t have to make it a permanent fixture on your patio. Stow it away as it is fully portable due to its light weight. And portability and compactness aren’t its only features which have earned it rave reviews.
- Dimensions are 19.2 x 19.2 x 11.5 inches
- Weighs 22 pounds
- Diameter of the fire bowl is 19 inches
- 10-foot long hose for propane gas
- Generates 58,000 BTU of smokeless heat
- Decorative lava rocks to add real fire effect to your gathering
- CSA-approved for use in areas with campfire ban
This black beauty from Heininger is a perfect fire pit for your wood deck to keep your deck and evenings smoke-free and ash-free. With its light-weight, it’ll play a double role by becoming your companion on your camping trips too. This fire pit promises to make your evenings warm by taking care of your deck too.
So, can you put a propane fire pit on a wood deck? You can and some of the above mentioned fire pits are great options to consider. Again, we want to strongly recommend you invest in a fire pit mat. These are essential for fire pits that will be used on wooden decks especially. Why? Wood is the most flammable surface you can operate a fire pit on.