The best fire pit protective mat will keep your property safe from the heat all fire pits give off. You probably landed here for you love to spend those winter evenings outside on your deck or in the garden. And you love your beautiful patio too! As much campfire-like feel the fire pits give us, the fear of the base under it getting burned always hovers in the mind.
The damage done by the oil and food splatters or the embers shooting up onto the wood or grass beneath the fire pit costs us more than our peace of mind. The result: no more outdoor gatherings after a while. But you can’t stop enjoying your life. So, you just need a permanent solution. And that solution is fire pit protective mat.
What Does A Fire Pit Heat Shield Do?
So, what exactly is this mat? A fire pit protective mat is the one which does the magic for you; the magic of guarding your patio or your lawn from getting damaged. Normally, a fire pit radiates a lot of heat energy, enough to burn the base under it. The temperature can go up to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. Furthermore, if a protective mat is placed under it, it will protect your deck or grass beneath from that damage.
Lastly, it will act as a shield between the fire and the base. And selecting the best shield will take a lot of your time. Here are some of the best mats which will save a lot of your time and effort. Also, they have got many thumbs up and are the most preferred ones:
This hand made protective mat is from the trusted Deckprotect and will protect your deck from the extreme heat of the fire pit. The mat can withstand the temperature of up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit and will not get burnt at all.
Highlights of the mat :
- It is fireproof.
- Protects your deck or grass from all the fire pit heat and all kinds of food or oil splatters.
- Features six different sizes.
- It can brave the heat of around 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. It is made up of volcanic rock fibers.
- An added rack is also provided which is made up of 100% heavy-grade aluminum.
This 7.5 pounds mat is the favorite of many due to its durability and capability of staying tough in any weather. It is not affected by sunlight or water and do not rust or change color. Seems like enough reasons to get many 4-star ratings.
2. Ember MatTable setup not completed.
This colorful mat has got the looks along with some impressive shielding to do for your deck. It can be used under a fire pit and even a BBQ grill to protect the surface from fire and grease.
Highlights of the mat :
- 1. It is flame-proof.
- 2. It has a size of 72 inches by 60 inches which is quite large to protect the area beneath the fire pit and even the surrounding area from those flying embers.
- 3. The mat has food-safe silicone coating which makes it easy to clean.
- 4. The edges of the mat are highly reflective and non-toxic.
- 5. It has 8 grommets to make the mat stay firmly on the ground. This keeps the mat stuck to the ground in strong winds.
This protective mat will be a great addition to your deck as it is beautifully crafted to add up as an accessory along with being a utility item for outdoors. And those satisfied customers, surely, are testimonials to this mat being a product worthy of a purchase.
Saving the best for last, this mat comes with a 10-year warranty offered by the manufacturer. This one is an all-rounder mat for your deck and patio.
Highlights of the mat :
- The mat can not only be kept under fire pits but also gas grills, fryers, and charcoal grills.
- It can withstand the temperature of 600 degrees Fahrenheit without any damage to the product or the surface beneath.
- It protects the deck from fire embers and all kinds of food, oil or grease splashes.
- The fire pit doesn’t crack, curl or tear.
- The mat can be easily cleaned with mild soap and water.
This high-quality mat’s black color will not fade away; neither the material will break down. Also, the all-round surface protection has surely made it earn a very good reputation among other mats out there. And, some highest ratings!
Now, we know what we need to keep our deck like new: only a fire pit mat. But not any fire pit mat would do. You need to keep in mind many things before actually making the purchase:
- Size of the protective mat should be slightly bigger than the size of the fire pit. Not, in any case, should it be smaller.
- The material of the mat should also be finalized as per the needs. They come in rubber, silicone, fabric blend and even cement. Choose the one based on your preference like fireproof mat, BBQ mat, grill mat, or an all-purpose protective mat.
- Though not consciously thought otherwise but the color of the mat should also complement with that of your decks’.
- If the mat could be washed, that would be great.
- The weight of the mat has always been ignored while making a purchase. But it is important in case you have a portable fire pit which makes you shift your mat with it each time. If the mat is heavy, it will fall apart soon.
And lastly, buy that mat which fills up all your requirements to protect your dream place. Don’t fall for the wrong one in a hurry as it will cost you more than just those dollars. So, a fire pit protective mat will ensure your lawn, patio or deck surfaces are protected. As mentioned above, these fire pits generate temperatures up to 1400 degrees. That being said, one of the wisest investments you can make is to purchase a fire pit heat shield.